Here’s a delicious and healthy recipe for hummus!
Adapted from California Avocado
Yield: 8 servings
- 2 Ripe avocados, peeled and seeded
- 1 (15-oz. can) organic garbanzo beans (chickpeas), rinsed and drained
- 1 large clove garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 tsp. salt, or to taste
- 1 Tbsp. fresh parsley or cilantro for garnish
- Dice half the avocado and set aside.
- Mash remaining avocado, garbanzo beans, garlic, lemon juice, olive oil and salt together until smooth. (May also puree in blender or food processor.)
- Gently stir diced avocado into hummus mixture.
- Drizzle with avocado or olive oil if desired; serve.