Here’s a list of some healthy and smart snacking!
I hope everyone is enjoying the gorgeous days of summer, taking time to try new adventures, as well as relax and rejuvenate! Whether you are at home, by the pool or on the go, it’s important to plan in advance and be sure to have quality fuel and fluid with you! These real food snacks that fuel you will contribute to your long-term health, well-being and feeling great during summer.
Simple Snacks for Summer
- Raw veggies and avocado hummus. Change up your homemade hummus and add avocado for healthy fat and a creamy texture (recipe below).
- Fresh fruits and nuts and seeds. Try any and all combinations and varieties of fruits, nuts and seeds.
- Raw veggies and Greek yogurt dip. Mix your favorite herbs and spices into nonfat Greek yogurt.
- Fresh fruit and Greek yogurt dip. Try cinnamon or vanilla for a sweeter dip or add in some ground flax seed or chopped nuts.
- Homemade hard boiled egg salad (mix with mustard and black pepper). Use to top raw veggies like cucumber, celery, or a bed of lettuce.
- Avocado toast (sprouted grain bread) with sliced avocado, cumin and eggs.
- Raw veggies and guacamole! Ditch the chips and try dipping your favorite veggies in fresh homemade guacamole. If you’re dining out, ask the server if they have raw veggies they can bring instead of chips.
- Greek quinoa salad. Toss quinoa and veggies with fresh lemon juice, olive oil and black pepper.
- Smoothie with fruit (fresh or frozen), Greek yogurt, almond milk, and ground flax seed.
- Grilled chicken breast topped with avocado and tomato slices drizzled with olive oil and topped with fresh rosemary.
- Garbanzo bean lettuce wraps with Bibb lettuce, avocado, and roasted red pepper.
- Apple or celery with nut butter.
- Nut butter and banana toast on sprouted grain bread.
- Cottage cheese with berries and sunflower seeds.
- Raw veggies or whole grain chips with black bean dip.
- Chia pudding. Soak chia seeds in almond milk and add cinnamon and banana slices or berries.
- Melted chocolate and fresh fruit. For a healthy summertime sweet treat, try melting chocolate and serving with fresh seasonal fruit such as strawberries or peaches.
- Extra grilled skewers that were made for dinner, make a quick and easy snack! Try all veggies / fruit with peppers, mushrooms, onions, garlic cloves, zucchini and pineapple. Add chicken or steak for a protein boost!
- Greek yogurt and trail mix. 1/8 – 1/4 cup of trail mix with your choice of mixed nuts and unsweetened dried fruit!
- Lara Bars / Picky Bars /Macro Bars / Epic Bars. For a quick and easy grab and go option!