Enjoy these vegetarian fajitas, which are very healthy.
Adapted from Julie Wunder, Running in a Skirt
Yield: 4-6 fajitas
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 red bell pepper, cut in strips
- 1 small zucchini, cut in strips
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 2 cups sliced Portobello mushrooms
- 1 1/2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- Optional: 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper (a pinch)
- Cooking Spray
- 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Favorite Fajitas toppings: cheese, sour cream or Greek yogurt, lime, salsa, cilantro or guacamole.
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees and line a cookie sheet with foil.
- Spray the pan with cooking spray.
- Toss the vegetables with the olive oil and all the spices.
- Spread the spiced veggie mixture across the pan.
- Cook for 20 minutes.
- Serve with your favorite fajitas.