Enjoy this delicious kale and grapefruit salad!
Adapted from Farm Fresh to You
Yield: 2-4 servings
- 1-2 grapefruits, peeled and segmented
- 1/4 cup grapefruit juice
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- 1/4 tsp freshly cracked pepper
- 1 bunch kale, de-stemmed, thinly sliced
- 1 cup spinach
- 1 avocado, pitted, peeled and sliced
- 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp. red onion, finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp. parsley, finely chopped
- 2 Tbsp. toasted sunflower seeds
- Cut and peel the white pith from the grapefruit. Cut the segments out of the membrane and set aside. Squeeze the membranes into a small bowl and collect any juice. Whisk in the olive oil and season to taste with salt and pepper. Place the kale and spinach in a large bowl and toss with the dressing.
- Slice the avocado and place over the kale along with the grapefruit segments.
- Sprinkle with red onion, parsley and sunflower seeds. Drizzle with lemon juice and serve.